23 Jul Jewels from Jimmy
Some songs just say summer, like Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, recorded almost 40 years ago now. But even if you’re not a fan of the music, it’s hard not to admire Buffett’s entrepreneurial spirit and success.
On the lighter side, enjoy these business gems from Ron Wilson at our sister company CopreneurCPR.
- Just Do It – as Jimmy said: “Indecision may or may not be my problem.” It’s tempting to mull over a decision until arriving at the perfect solution. But a good enough solution, executed swiftly, beats a perfect solution executed too late… or never.
- Sometimes You Just Have to Plow Through – “There’s nothing soft about hard times.” Life, relationships, and business are not always easy. Don’t quit just because things get difficult.
- The Buck Stops with You – “It’s my job to be worried half to death and that’s the thing people respect in me. It’s a job, but without it I’d be less than what I expect from me.” Not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. It comes with a great deal of responsibility – and isn’t that what you wanted?
- Sometimes the Answer is to Have a Little Fun – “Therapy is extremely expensive. Popping bubble wrap is radically cheap.” Not every problem is an existential crisis. Put things in their proper perspective and save the therapy for the really big stuff.
- Turn Adversity into Opportunity – “If life gives you limes, make margaritas.”
- It’s the Journey, not the Destination – “Searching is half the fun – Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.” It’s easy to get caught up in setting and achieving goals – and they’re important. But if you’re just moving from one goal to the next, you’re missing out on the meaning of it all.
- Get Out of the Office – “It’s those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes, nothing remains quite the same.” It’s amazing what a change in location can do to change our thinking.
Bonus Quote: “Maybe it’s all too simple for our brains to figure it out. What if the hokey pokey is really what it’s all about?”